“The Girlie Show”, directed by Jamieson Lindenburg, just finished up a successful, sold out run in Chicago last week. Here’s a little blurb from a article about the show:
For the Chicago Contemporary Circus Festival, people should expect a wonderful cabaret filled with circus acts set to live music arranged and conducted by Dylan Glatthorn. Lindenburg explains: “People should laugh and fall in love with these strong independent circus performers doing daring, sexy acts….It will make them think.” The show will include trapeze, tight wire, contortion hoop, and more with burlesque. It’s going to be an incredible show!
“Down In Flames”, a short film by William J. Stribling that I scored last year, won Best Short Film this past weekend at the 2015 Sunscreen Film Festival. Other awards it’s received in the past few months include:
- Dam Short Film Festival 2015 (WINNER – Best of the Fest)
- Iron Mule Comedy Film Festival 2015 (WINNER – Judges’ Award)
- Edmonton International Film Festival 2014 (WINNER – “Big Daddy Award for Comedy”)
- Coney Island Film Festival 2014 (WINNER – Jury Prize: Best Short Film)
- Lighthouse International Film Festival 2014 (WINNER – Grand Jury Prize: Best Short Film)
Great writeup today on “Down In Flames”, the short film by William J. Stribling that I scored early last year:
…production designer Alexander Whittenberg and composer Dylan Glatthorn, were recruited to work on Stribling’s next feature film, “Bear with Us,” a woodsy, comedy version of “Jaws” about a bear who interrupts a couples romantic weekend.
I’m very honored to be a part of this list Culture Trip made of the Top 10 Young Composers Who Are Redefining Classical Music.